Where is He?

Friday 21 September 2012


If He really exists, why have I've never seen Him?
He’s sitting down watching me, but why does He never talk with me and give me some advice?

Today, I’m here to talk about God.   Is he really Him or is He just part of us.
On my vacations, I read some articles, watched videos and documents which made me believe that God isn’t that guy who is sitting down watching over all of us, all his creations, but is actually some part of us, some feeling or something like that.

Those documents I read taught me to see things that happened in my life with different eyes. For example, I bought a new microphone because I worked for it, not because  God gave it to me… I mean, Christian people, the ones who believe in Christian God and Jesus Christ, would tell me that I received that thing because God wanted it.
They’re wrong, they’re just living on God’s will, they’re not independent, and they’re not thinking through their brain.

Talking more precisely about those atheist documents…
They showed me that the Bible has some wrong parts, contradictions… so if the Bible was created by humans and inspired by God why has it so many mistakes?
If He is perfect, omnipotent (He can do anything) and omniscient (He knows everything), how can it be possible?

I have here in my mind a paradox which I want you to solve:

‘’Can God create a rock which even He can’t hold it?’’

If the answer is ‘’Yes’’ He’s not all-powerful because He can’t hold it.
If the answer is ‘’No’’ He’s not all-powerful because He can’t create it.

Do you get my point? For itself, the existence of an all-powerful being is contradictory.

I’m here not to convert anyone, just to tell you what I think about it.
Peace for you all :)




Diogo Falcão 11ºB

12 comentários:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant stuff mate. I really enjoyed reading it and I agree with most of your points of view.

Fábio 11ºB

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot! I really appreciated your comment!

Diogo 11ºB

Anonymous said...

Great post, Diogo! You really did some good work.
Diana Barros

Anonymous said...

Thanks Diana!

Anonymous said...

Great job Diogo, I find your post really interesting! I particularly enjoyed the paradox (:

Inês Ribas

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Inês! :)

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

My dear Falcão

you've chosen a very interesting and controversial subject. It is important to question what some people take for granted. Nevertheless, I just think that there are things we don't see that exist. i can't see the sound waves when I speak but they exist, for example.
I liked the fact that you think about these subjects. Thanks for sharing.
Prof. Lígia

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't think in this subject we are talking about "seeing to believe". I mean, I can't see the sound waves, but I can prove their existance, and even if they don't manifestate through our sight, they have other reactions that we can test and observe, even if that observation is not made through our eyes. The same does not happen with God. We can't see him with our eyes, but we also can't see any proof of his existence, and as I use to say when this kind of argument comes up, the burden of proof is on the shoulders of those who make the claims.

Fábio 11º B

Anonymous said...

Maybe the example that teacher said was not so good Fábio. I agree with what Fabio said, we can't see those sound waves by ourselves but using new technology and expensive electronic machines especialized for that, we can obviously see it, as Fabio said.
We can see "God" maybe on our dreams but is just imagination.
I never heard about someone that already have seen God... I heard but only on fake articles and non-verifiable documents.
By the way, if someone creates something to see God I want it now for sure! But it is 99,9999...% impossible to create... or maybe 100%.

Thanks for the comments :)

Falcão

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

dear all
I'm surprised and happy to realise that some subjects appeal to you. Maybe my example was not really good, but I think that each of us should choose our path and above all respect those who believe in god even if they've never seen him.
keep in touch
kisses
Prof. Lígia Silva

Anonymous said...

U're compeletly right teacher!
See you soon, kiss! :)

Falcão

Anonymous said...

completely*