London Through My Eyes

Wednesday 12 September 2012



Hello everyone, I hope you are all having an awesome vacation, I’m here to tell you about an amazing part of mine. At 6:30 a.m. on the 24th of July I left from Oporto’s airport (those are the problems of low cost trips), my destiny was London and the next ten days were all about discovery. I spent a lot of time back there so it would be hard and boring to describe every single little step of my trip, so I will resume some of my favorite parts of this city.
As soon as I arrived at Stansted Airport the sun was shining in the sky and hot temperatures made me regret my jacket, the clouds I was waiting for weren’t there. After a confusing road trip towards home I finally made it to Willesden Green. I couldn’t wait to spend my first day in London. Notting Hill was the first stop; lovely streets follow each other with flowers on the windows and little stores with souvenirs, which went from masks of the queen to tea cups with the union jack flag. Oh, and talking about the queen, those guys really love her, she is in every corner of London, even in the arch of Chinatown! Kensington Gardens were the first of many, and everyone was out, resting on the grass, enjoying the rare hot weather.
That was just the start of my days which forced me to know by heart the name of tube lines. I spent them jumping from a museum to another, from a well-known street to the next one. Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square were more then I could ever imagine. Westminster was one of my favorite parts of town, the abbey was beautiful, the Houses of Parliament were away bigger then I imagined, my only picture of it was the famous Big Ben. (Which lots of people preferred to call Big Bang). I also enjoyed my boat trip across the Thames that let me enjoy a different view of the marks I would visit among my journey:  St. Paul’s Church, the London Eye, The Shakespeare Globe (loved this one), The Tower of London, the unforgettable Tower Bridge as well.
Another of my favorite things was the museums (what a surprise ah?), the greatest of them was to me The National Gallery, followed by The British Museum.  I also loved Windsor, and Windsor Castle, my only trip outside London.
I guess I’m already talking too much and I didn’t even told you about half of the things I saw. So I will short it up, London is an amazing place to visit, even if you don’t like museums, you have the fish and chips, the funny looking guards, the palaces, parks, stores like Harrods, and even a haunted house at the London Bridge, pubs full of flowers… Well, what I mean is that this is a town for everybody, actually I’ve never seen so many cultures in one place. I will leave with some photos, I hope you enjoy them. 


 First look at the United Kindom from the plane.
 A house at Notting Hill
The British Museum
 St,Pauls from the Millenium Bridge
 The National Gallery
 Houses of Parliment
The english breakfast.


  See you soon, Inês Ribas









                                                                                      

1 comentários:

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Dear Inês
I agree with you...London is an amazing city which I love from the bottom of my heart. How I miss it!
We'll be talking about your experience in class soon.
thanks for sharing it with us

Hugs
prof. Lígia Silva