Martin Scorsese - Talent and Unpredicable Endings!

Sunday 3 June 2012


Hey there everyone! I present to you my post about Scorsese, like I have promised! I hope you enjoy it and if you don’t and if you have never seen one of his movies, at least take some time to enjoy them, I swearit  is not lost time!
Well, Scorsese was born in 1942, New York and is known as an actor and director, what is new to me who only knew him as a director… Anyway,  I did some research and I found out some movies where he takes part, first he played as the bad guy at “Who’s that knocking at my door” and then he participated in Taxi Driver and Ranging Bull, among many others.
But, I came here to talk about Martin, the director… I got to know him when I saw the movie Shutter Island and I completely fell in love! Since then  I watch his work every time I can. In his list of amazing, great, and remarkable movies we have: The Color of Money, The Last Temptation of Christ, Goodfellas, Cape Fear, The Age of Innocence, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed and the latest one: Hugo. My absolute favorite is Shutter Island without any doubt, I guess it is one of the best movies I’ve seen in my short life.
In Scorsese’s long life, he counts with one Oscar (for many years he was considered the black ship of Hollywood because he never had won an Oscar until The Departed in 2007). He also brought home three golden globes, one of them recently and he was recognized as an actor and as a director by the Festival of Cannes. Martin works many times with Leonardo DiCaprio, which in my opinion since I was 3 or 4 years old, only can improve a movie (he actually became a great actor!).
I guess I’m here talking about Scorsese because he is a wonderful director, a true artist! Once more I will remember you about Shutter Island (I’m sorry but I can’t stop myself), you will see that the twist in the end will blow your mind! So I hope you take some ideas for summer movies from this post! I leave you, of course, with the trailer of Shutter Island.



See you soon,
Inês Ribas Dias

4 comentários:

Anonymous said...

Great post Inês! I also think that Shutter Island is an excellent movie.
Diana Barros

Inês Ribas said...

Thank you Diana! I guess all those pasteis de nata make you really sweet!

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

My dear students
I've just eaten five, so I'm really sweet. I haven't seen this movie but Scorsese is a genius. Well, let me go on with my "natinhas". Thanks for the post, I'll be waiting for many more.
See you soon
Love
prof. Lígia

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Dear Inês
I meant Shutter Island when I said I haven's seen it yet, but I have seen most of them and Scorsese is really "big". Whan I watched The Age of Inocence I felt completely gobsmacked with the grandeur of it all.
Thanks a million
prof. Lígia