Imagine...

Saturday 27 November 2010

Once we’ve been talking about equality and the importance of the Human Rights in our society, I decided to post this video. Dance is my favorite expression of art and I think that through it we can catch people’s attention to social problems and to cultural discrimination. This routine was created by Mia Michaels, my favorite contemporary choreographer. The movement her dance pieces portray is breathtaking because we feel like we are part of the story the dancers are exposing. I honestly love it!
This video is from the American version of So You Think You Can Dance? (SYTYCD), one of my shows of election. The world has definitely amazing talents, as you’ll see.
I believe everyone knows this song but pay attention to the lyrics.

"Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world..."



I hope you like it!
Daniela

1 comentários:

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

My dear Daniela
Thank you ever so much for the post. It is a very thoughtful and straight to the point post.
have a nice weekend
Love Prof Lígia