Asaf Avidan

Tuesday 5 February 2013



I found this singer recently, I really like his songs and for me his voice is UNIQUE
Asaf Avidan was born in Jerusalem in 1980. His parents were diplomats for the Israel Foreign Office and he spent 4 years of his childhood in Jamaica . 
After the mandatory army service in Israel , Asaf Avidan studied animation , after his studies he worked as animator until a breakup with his girlfriend that made him move back to Jerusalem , he quit his job and dedicated himselt to music .
He started in 2006 in Jerusalem and he released three albums :
  •  The Reckoning in 2008 ;
  •  Poor Boy / Lucky Man in 2009 
  •  Through the Gale in 2010 .

Asaf Avidan also had an international hit with One Day / Reckoning Song (Wankelmut Rmx).
In 2012, the Mojos band project was shelved so that Avidan would concentrate on a solo career. In the same year, he released  Avidan in a Box, an acoustic album which covers older songs by him .



This song is the most known of them all .
It tries to pass an important message , if we listen carefully we can hear " one day baby , we'll be old .. and think of all the stories that we could have told " .
I think with that he tries to tell us to enjoy to the maximum all our moments , for later  to be able to recall all the things we have done .
He also says :" No more tears, my heart is dry
                         I don't laugh and I don't cry
                         I don't think about you all the time
                         But when I do – I wonder why "

The official song is about a break up and with this remix , they try to transform this sad song in a happy song , so that is the explanation for this part of the song .

To finish I only have to say to the people who don't know this musician , to listen to other songs because you won't regret it . I guarantee you .


Marta Sousa







1 comentários:

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Hi
I didn't know this singer but I enjoyed it very much and the video is also interesting. I agree with you when you say that we sould necer regret the fact of not doing things and live moments that we should cherish.
Thanks a lot
Prof. Lígia Silva