Asaf Avidan

Tuesday, 5 February 2013



I found this singer recently, I really like his songs and for me his voice is UNIQUE ! 
Asaf Avidan was born in Jerusalem in 1980. His parents were diplomats for the Israel Foreign Office and he spent 4 years of his childhood in Jamaica . 
After the mandatory army service in Israel , Asaf Avidan studied animation , after his studies he worked as animator until a breakup with his girlfriend that made him move back to Jerusalem , he quit his job and dedicated himselt to music .
He started in 2006 in Jerusalem and he released three albums :
  •  The Reckoning in 2008 ;
  •  Poor Boy / Lucky Man in 2009 
  •  Through the Gale in 2010 .

Asaf Avidan also had an international hit with One Day / Reckoning Song (Wankelmut Rmx).
In 2012, the Mojos band project was shelved so that Avidan would concentrate on a solo career. In the same year, he released  Avidan in a Box, an acoustic album which covers older songs by him .



This song is the most known of them all .
It tries to pass an important message , if we listen carefully we can hear " one day baby , we'll be old .. and think of all the stories that we could have told " .
I think with that he tries to tell us to enjoy to the maximum all our moments , for later  to be able to recall all the things we have done .
He also says :" No more tears, my heart is dry
                         I don't laugh and I don't cry
                         I don't think about you all the time
                         But when I do – I wonder why "

The official song is about a break up and with this remix , they try to transform this sad song in a happy song , so that is the explanation for this part of the song .

To finish I only have to say to the people who don't know this musician , to listen to other songs because you won't regret it . I guarantee you .


Marta Sousa







1 comentários:

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Hi
I didn't know this singer but I enjoyed it very much and the video is also interesting. I agree with you when you say that we sould necer regret the fact of not doing things and live moments that we should cherish.
Thanks a lot
Prof. Lígia Silva