Tim Burton - Originality and lots of imagination!

Wednesday 23 May 2012


 Hey there everyone! Has been a while, right? Well today I’m going to speak about one of my favorite artists, the one and only, Tim Burton.  He is an American director and he also draws. Born in 1958 and well known by his originality he began with the movie “The Nightmare Before Christmas” in 1993, which is a great movie by the way! Before that he won a collegeship and he studied in the Institution of Arts in California. After that he worked at Disney where he wrote and filmed “Vincent”.
Today Tim Burton is known worldwide and his trademark is really easy to recognize: dolls with extremely long bodies, strange faces, fantastic characters and lots and lots of imagination. After Nightmare Before Christmas many movies came.  I believe my favorites are Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (which is based on a short story from the writer who wrote “our short story”), The Corpse Bride is also awesome, just like Edward Scissor Hands! Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is epic and we can’t forget Alice in the Wonderland! Now we can see on theaters Black Shadows, and I can't wait for the opportunity to watch it!

In many of his movies Tim Burton works with Johnny Depp (who is actually my favorite actor) and with Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter saga and also his wife). So much talent leads to awesome, amazing, unforgettable movies! If you have never seen any movie from Tim Burton you really should! Summer is close so we are going to have lots of time for that!
Maybe next time I will write about Scorsese or Star Wars, with Summer coming good movies are always needed! I leave you now with the trailer of Black Shadows and others. Oh and you can also check the official website (really interesting) : http://timburton.com/

Inês Ribas 








5 comentários:

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Hi Dear You
I also fins Tim Burton amazing. It was a very good idea to share a bit about him with us. He is enlightening and inspiring, dont you think? I love Charlie and the choc factory.
Thanks a million for keeping this blog alive
Prof. Lígia Silva

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

It's a pleasure to write in this blog, is one of my favorite "school activities" ever!
I think this Summer I will rewatch Tim Burton's movies, doing this post rembember me how awesome they are!

Diogo said...

Hi,
Tim Burton is really a big piece in the cinema's world. I've always loved cinema and the ideas and dimensions that cinema creates in our brains.
Johnny Depp is also my favorite actor, he is great. The best I think.
The crazy world that they bring to the screens isn't understood by everybody, that only want to see terror, comedy or stupid love stories.
He is making history in this art, as long as a lot of great and crazy directors, actors and writters.
I was waiting for an opportunity to write in the blog because I can't publish anything (lost mail and password), and this theme is the best for me.
I see that teacher still wants to move on with this blog and students should help her.
Sorry for some mistakes but I don't have english now so I can acuse some lack of practice.
Good luck with classes and the blog,
Diogo Cardoso (former student)

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Dear Diogo
I am really happy to hear from you and to realise that you still follow this project I've started for the students.
if you want to publish I'd be very greatful. Send me a mail at silvapligia@hotmail.com and I'll give the password.
I hope you're well and this may be a way for you to go on practising your english. I really miss my former students
Love
Prof. Lígia

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

I'd like to know who wrote the second comment on the 23rd of May.
Thanks