"The key to change is ... to let go of fear"

Sunday 8 May 2011


Once again a dance post. You all know my passion for this performing art and when I saw this contemporary piece yesterday I thought it was breathtaking. It was choreographed by Travis Wall, a former dancer and current choreographer which brings up amazing pieces that portray stories based on real life. This particular one is about his mother. She has been sick and had a complicated operation so his son dedicated this piece to her: although he cannot make her better, he will always support his mother whatever happens. A very special message :)


I think we all wish to be able to make  someone get better too but I don’t think we should. We can just try to help by giving them strength. Sometimes getting better is about healing, but other times it is about changing. I believe people can change, although it just happens if they want to.

For some time I believed our life was made of choices, and I still believe it but now I think of it as a balance between our choices and what happens to us. The way we respond to what happens to us defines who we are, building our path in life. Occasionally, we wished things were different but it is our responsibility to make them different.

(Tell me if you're already tired of posts about dance :) )
Daniela

3 comentários:

Tiago Ribeiro said...

"Life is a balance between our choices and what happens to us"
Now that's an epic statement! And I couldn't agree more. I really liked the way you transformed that piece into something real, into something so real like our own life and you make us (you made me at least) stop and think about what life is really about or how could someone change and what that change is all about!
I really can't express everything I'm thinking about now, it is so hard!
But anyway, I really enjoyed the post as it is 5 stars, so congrats =)

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment :)
I really enjoy it, and I am glad you like the post. Sometimes we plan our life in a way and it turns out to be completely different but I believe there isn't just one way to happiness.
Well, thank you :D

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Dear Daniela
speaking for myself I never get tired of beauty and of art, no matter its form of expression. I believe that only love can change someone, but only if that person is open to change and not ensnarled in him or herself. helping someone to get better is another thing and that is always possible, if that person has no cure, but our tenderness, love and care will for sure help minimizing their suffering.
prof. Lígia Silva