Curiosities about Wales

Sunday 31 July 2011


In Wales there is a village called -
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (58 letters), which in English means "Saint Mary's Church in the hollow of white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of Saint Tysilio near the red cave." The locals call it Llanfairpwll. Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.com is the longest single word .com domain name in the world. 






The smallest house in wales. It is really weird, but I've seen it and was amazed how it was possible for someone to live in it.

6 comentários:

Miguel Pedro said...

I bet that the cover's front page of letters only have the name written. And the street signs should be lreally huge!
And thanks God that Canelas is not called: "Aquela região que tem um monte com uma igreja e com pouco ou nada de interesse".

And that house should be amazing to clean, "lol"

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Dear Miguel
Thank god that my students are still coming to the blog. I'm really happy. I hope you're having nice holidays. How were your exams?
A big hug
Prof. Lígia

Miguel Pedro said...

I usually come to blog twice a week, but pretty much of all the times i came here, i don't know what to say about the posts. I am also thinking about posting something but not sure what it is yet. My holidays are being nice, but maybe they will be longer than what i expected, probably 1year long, and this answer to the question about the exams. I'm happy to know that there are people who care about us, thank you !

Peace!

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Dear Miguel
it is obvious I care about you, don't forget that I've spent three years of my life with you almost everyday. I cannot cut the ties with my students just like that.
As for the post you can do about yourself, the holidays, sports or just a sentence, anything you feel like. Where are you here or abroad?
lots of love
Prof. Lígia

Miguel Pedro said...

Actually i'm here, but i think the most probable is to go abroad for a couple weeks, i think it would be great for me, and the place where i use to go is just fantastic, a great view, nice people the streets are clean and the list just goes on.

I wish you a really good holidays prof. Ligia, whatever the destination is!

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Dear Miguel
thanks a million. i wish you the same.
Prof. Lígia