Sing it for the world

Tuesday 19 April 2011

To tell you the truth I did not know this song until I heard it on glee on an episode dedicated to anthems. According to the students an anthem portrays a deep emotional message. A my chemical romance’s original song, it shows the importance of music and art in general. An alert scream to what we believe is wrong and unfair in the society! Fortunately and thanks to the effort of lots of people we live in a society in which we can use our voice to “sing for the world”, “being what tomorrow needs”. An interventional song indeed!


I refuse to be repressed and I think anyone should accept it easily.
Use your voice!
I hope you like it :)
Daniela

3 comentários:

Diogo said...

“you shall not be a criminal; you shall not be a victim; above all, you shall not be a passive bystander.” I read this sentence one of these days and I think it is perfect for comment this post.

Yes, I agree that we must never shut up and sit still to watch, we should always say our point of views and try to get others to adopt or at least understand our opinions. It is a difficult and sometimes impossible task, but if you don’t try you can’t complain that your way of seeing things is not accepted by others.

About the emotional part of the message, I disagree because I think our opinions should be completely rational and only then we can have a sense of what we really think and want. This way we don’t put ourselves on a level where we fail to listen to the others because we are clouded by the emotions of our speech.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your post :)
I enjoy it!

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

A kind of balance maybe would be the best, but sometimes we're so enveloped in our reasons and opinions that we become blind. A bit of reason but not too much and a bit of heart but in the right proportion. Difficult hum?
Thanks for keeping the blog alive
Prof. Lígia Silva