James Hetfield - Living Ledgend

Thursday 22 March 2012


James Allan Hetfield was born in 1963. He is now 48 years old and vocalist of the heavy metal band, Metallica. He started in music when he was 9 and he began playing piano by the influence of his mother, who was a lyrical singer. Later he learned how to play the guitar and the drums.
Now he is married to Marcella Hetfield and they already have three kids.
But more important than his personal life is his talent and work. First he founded Obsession. The band played in school presentations and they were starting to write the first lyrics, however they couldn’t find any success. The small crowds that went to the concerts usually preferred covers, and that was getting on James’ nerves.
After Obsession, Metallica came. James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo are the present members of the band which changed the face of heavy metal. The band was formed in 1981, and it had many members until now, but only James and Lars are in it from the start. However, Metallica survived all these years, and today it remains as one of the best heavy metal bands ever.
James Hetfield is known by his vocals and dedication. Millions of fans all over the world find him an inspiration, not only by his music but also by his character. This dedicated and original man is the co-creator of some of the greatest songs and albums I have ever heard! In my opinion this is a man which people should look up to, he and his band don’t made “noise” like some people say.  Their songs have actually meaning and many times they are dedicated to social problems. “And Justice for All” is just an example.
I think James and the music he is responsible for are marks and they have been present in many chapters of my life.
I leave you with some awesome Metallica songs! \m/
(If you love Metallica don’t forget they are coming to our country in May, it will be a day to remember!)

Inês Ribas Dias 

 
James Hetfield













3 comentários:

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Hi dear Inês
I also like some of their music and lyrics. I admit not all of them, though.
Thanks for the post and enjoy your holidays, relax and read a good book.
Prof. Lígia Silva

PS: What are you reading by the way?

Inês Ribas Dias said...

Good morning prof. Lígia,
It’s always inspiring to realize that our teachers know and appreciate our music. I guess that Metallica are an awesome band which has nothing to do with age!
About the book… I’m starting on “Anna Karenina” from Tolstoi, I never read I Russian author before, I will tell you whether I like or not later.
Nice holidays!
Inês Ribas

Teacher Lígia Silva said...

Dear Inês
it's not a light reading, but it is woth it. I'm almost sure you're going to enjoy it.
I'll be waiting for some feedback.
Have nice holidays and if you go to Lisbon don't miss the bookshop "Ler Devagar" in Alcântara.
Kisses
prof. Lígia Silva